Deciding to ride a bicycle can serve as an inexpensive option for transportation. Bicycle usage has been steadily increasing over the years. In addition, bicycling presents the opportunity to get some exercise and fresh air as well. Regardless of safety precautions that you may take, there is risk that you may be struck by an automobile. Each year, across the country, there are more than 460,000 bicycle-related injuries, whereby there are more than 1,000 bicyclist deaths. If you are injured in a bicycle accident, you should contact an experienced Parker, Colorado bicycle accident attorney as soon as is practical. Call our experienced bicycle accident lawyers for a free initial consultation.
What Do You Do After Being in a Bicycle Accident?
- Your Health Should Always Be Your Top Priority. Regardless of the extent of the injuries, you should immediately seek medical attention.
- Call the Police. The police typically will obtain your written statement while you are in the hospital. Their report will serve as valuable evidence.
- Document Witness Information and Driver Information. Be certain to take down the contact information for any persons whom may have witnessed the accident. Also, be sure to obtain the driver’s information, such as his/her name and address, insurance information, phone number, and the automobile make and model, and the license plate number.
- Take Pictures at the Scene. Take pictures of the scene, all of your injuries, and all damages to your bicycle.
- Never Communicate with Insurance Companies. You should always defer communications with insurance companies to your attorney.
Parker, Colorado Bicycle Accident Attorney
Today, the number of bicyclists is increasing – as is the number of motorists on the road. With this increase in activity, we are experiencing more and more bicycle accidents. The experienced Parker, Colorado bicycle accident lawyers at our law firm take all injuries very seriously. Our attorneys’ experience in bicycle accident cases means that insurance companies take us seriously too. Our firm is committed to exerting diligent efforts to receive the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled to. Our compassionate lawyers are there with you each and every step of the way.